New Rule 10
10. In the general area, areas of damage caused by rabbits or badgers are treated as ground under repair from which relief is allowed under Rule 16.1b. But interference does not exist if the damage only interferes with the player’s stance.
1. Out of Bounds:
(a) Beyond any fence, wall or gate bounding the course.
(b) In the car park or any of the paths or flower beds adjacent to the Clubhouse.
2. The dykes crossing the 3rd and 5th holes are integral parts of the course as are all rock outcrops, ditches and similar depressions – other than on closely mown areas or areas designated as “Ground Under Repair”. The ball must be played as it lies or a penalty taken under Rule 28 – Ball Unplayable.
3. The following are deemed to be “Immoveable Obstructions”:-
(a) Seats, shelters, steps and immoveable marker poles.
(b) Permanent tractor tracks except in areas designated as “Ground Under Repair”
(c) Pathways surface with gravel, stone, concrete or the like, including the tank cover on the 1st fairway.
(d) Staked trees and trees protected by netting or shelters.
(e) Embedded stones or rocks on closely mown areas.
Relief is permitted under Rule 24 – 2 without penalty (within one club length of nearest point of relief but no nearer the hole) and MUST be taken in the case of staked trees and trees protected by netting or shelters.
4. The following areas are designated as “Ground Under Repair”:-
(a) Any area on the course outlined in white or marked as “Ground Under Repair”
(b) Tractor wheel marks on closely mown areas.
(c) Re-seeded divot marks and other re-seeded areas.
(d) The area between the white posts and the out of bounds boundary wall to the right of the 9th green.
Play is prohibited from areas marked as “Ground Under Repair”. Relief is permitted under Rule 25-1 without penalty (within one club length of the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole)
5. A ball finishing on the practice putting green, on either of the greens on the practice ground or the old 4th green when not playing to these greens MUST be lifted and dropped in accordance with Rule 25-3
6. A ball finishing on the lower 1st green or apron thereof when not playing to that green should be lifted and dropped from the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole without penalty.
7. When playing the 3rd hole any shot striking either the marker pole on the 8th green or the marker pole in front of the 3rd green MUST be played from where it lands.
8. A ball finishing between the back edge of the 7th tee and the boundary wall may be declared unplayable and dropped in the dropping zone next to the tee under penalty of one stroke.
9. Preferred lies:
During the period from 1st November to 30th April each winter a ball lying on any closely mown area through the green may, without penalty, be moved or lifted, cleaned and placed within 6 inches of where it originally lay, but no nearer the hole. After the ball has been so moved or placed, it is in play, and if it moves after the player has addressed it, the penalty shall be one stroke – Rule 18-2b.
NOTE: “Closely mown area” for the purpose of these Local Rules means any area of the course, including paths through the rough, cut to fairway height or less.